But now, to catch you up on all of the recent goings-on...
Last week...on...PCH events:
- Our first GM! Thank you to all who came out, it was fantastic to see all your bright, fresh faces, new and old (mostly new, which is great!) Hope you all got a good taste of PCH and what the rest of the year with us is going to be like! We had a lot of fun getting to meet and talk with everyone at the ice cream social as well. I mean, is there any cooler way to bond than over icebreakers and ice cream?
- Our second general meeting on Global Health! Interested in global health policies and practices? Come join us this Thursday from 6pm to 7pm at Bunche 3510 to learn more about them and what you can do to help!
- Senior Smiles! There will be an orientation on Tuesday from 6-7PM at the tables outside Kerckhoff Coffeehouse, so you guys can get trained to be able to interact with seniors at volunteer sites. Speaking of Senior Smiles volunteer sites, there'll be two sites at Westwood Manor this week, one on Wednesday (15th) 3:30-5:30PM, and one on Thursday (16th) 2:30-4:30PM. There will also be a site at Belmont Vintage this Saturday the 18th from 2-3:30PM. So tons of chances for volunteering!
- Holy Family Health Fair Volunteer Orientations! The first will be this Wednesday (15th) from 6-7 in the SAC basement, and it is required for you to be able to participate in the health fair, so don't forget to attend at least one orientation!
- Study Hours! Need a quiet place to study, but don't like studying alone? Just want to hang out some more with us lovely PCHers? We got you! Come join us on Wednesday in the SAC basement from 7-9 (right after the health fair orientation). We come with snacks, support and helpful tips for just about anything UCLA-related. Or even just life in general. :)
Aaaand much more! If you need more info, check out our newsletter! That's about it for now, don't want to overwhelm you guys too much on only your second week.
Anyway, hope you all have a great week, and see you soon!