Anyone has the opportunity to obtain active membership in PCH!
Students of all ethnicities and majors are more than welcome to join!
A. 4 hours of volunteering:
1. PCH Health Site (FASGI Webinar Volunteer, BCR Phone Banking, 2021P Campaign) ~ 1-2 hours
2. PCH Health Fair ~ *double check with HF directors to confirm your hours per shift
3. Flyer/publicity for a health fair ~ *double check with HF directors to confirm your hours per shift
4. Apo Project (Healthy Perspectives, AP Card Making) volunteer ~ 1-2 hours per week
B. Attend 3 general meetings or the equivalent:
1. 1 general meeting = 2 Study Hours
2. 1 general meeting = 1 Pre-Health Panel/FAIM Conference
3. 1 general meeting = 1 Social
4. 1 general meeting = 1 PHAM Coffee Hours
C. Participate in 1 of the following fundraising efforts:
1. Help with publicity for a Medical Outreach Fundraiser
2. Donate to a Medical Outreach Fundraiser
*Contact MO Directors (Allene De Castro & Isabelle Fontanilla) for more information on how to get involved!
***We encourage you all to participate in as many sites/events as you would like, even after completing the Active Membership requirements! :)
Guidelines and Benefits
a. Active membership progress resets each quarter (no rollover)
b. General members must fulfill the aforementioned requirements to be considered active for the current academic quarter
c. After-events directly following general meetings will not count towards the general meeting requirement unless otherwise specified
d. Don't hesitate to ask a Member Relations director if you have any questions about membership requirements or your current progress!
Benefits of becoming an active member include:
a. Access to the comprehensive PCH test bank
b. Priority access to PCH networking and professional events
c. Priority for Medical Outreach Volunteer Application
d. Proof of active membership if ever asked by graduate schools, etc.
e. End of the year certificate and prizes/incentives
f. Meeting amazing people and becoming a part of the PCH family!