Anyone will have the opportunity to obtain active membership in PCH!
Students of all ethnicities and majors are more than welcome to join!
A. 8 hours of volunteering:
1. PCH Health Site ~ 4 hours
2. PCH Health Fair ~ 4 hours per shift
3. Flyer for a health fair ~ 4 hours per shift
4. Senior Smiles volunteer ~ 2 hours per week
B. Attend 3 general meetings or the equivalent:
1. 1 general meeting = 2 Study Hours
2. 1 general meeting = 1 Pre-Health Panel
3. 1 general meeting = 1 Social*
4. 1 general meeting = 1 Steering Committee meeting
C. Participate in 1 of the following fundraising efforts:
1. Work at a fundraising/publicity event for 30 minutes
2. Buy a PCH T-shirt
Guidelines and Benefits
a. Active membership progress resets each quarter (no rollover)
b. General members must fulfill the aforementioned requirements to be considered active for the current academic quarter
c. After-events directly following general meetings will not count towards the general meeting requirement unless otherwise specified
d. Don't hesitate to ask a Member Relations director if you have any questions about membership requirements or your current progress!
Benefits of becoming an active member include:
a. Discounts at PCH events (i.e. socials, MOB, fundraisers)
b. Access to the comprehensive PCH test bank
c. Priority access to PCH networking and professional events
d. Eligibility for the PCH MR Scholarship, which includes a 50% Princeton Review MCAT Class discount, along with substantial monetary rewards
e. Proof of active membership if ever asked by graduate schools, etc.
f. End of the year certificate and prizes/incentives
g. Meeting amazing people and becoming a part of the PCH family!